TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Connectcars. (“Company, “we, “us, “our“). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our practices concerning your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you visit our website https://connectcars.taxi/ (the “Website“), use our mobile application, as the case may be (the “App“), and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services, “which include the Website and App), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain in the most straightforward way possible what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights we have about it. We hope you take some time to read it carefully, as it is essential. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you disagree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website and App) and any related services, sales, marketing, or events. Please read this privacy notice carefully, as it will help you understand what we do with the information we collect.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information). Still, it may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services, and other technical details. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookie Notice: https://connectcars.taxi/cookie-policy.
The information we collect includes:
• Log and Usage Data: Log and usage data are service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services, which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages, and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
• Device Data: We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or another device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
• Location Data: We collect location data, such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note, however, if you choose to opt-out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services
Information collected through our App
In Short: We collect information regarding your geo-location and push notifications when you use our App.
If you use our App, we also collect the following information:
• Geo-Location Information: We may request access or permission to track location-based information from your mobile device, continuously or while using our App, to provide certain location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
• Push Notifications: We may request to send you to push notifications regarding your account or the app’s features. If you wish to opt-out of receiving these communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our App, for troubleshooting, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services for various business purposes described below. We process your data for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
• To facilitate account creation and logon process: If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract. See the section below, “HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS,” for further information.
• To post testimonials: We post testimonials on our Services that may contain personal information. Before posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com and include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
• Request feedback: We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
To enable user-to-user communications: We may use your information to help user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
• To manage user accounts: We may use your information to operate our history and keep it in working order.
• To send administrative information to you: We may use your personal information to send you the product, service, and new feature information and information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
• To protect our Services: We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
• To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, or in connection with our contract.
• To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other lawful request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond
Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
• Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our contests.
• To deliver and facilitate the delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
• To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your questions and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. Our third-party marketing partners and we may use the personal information you send us for our marketing purposes if this is following your marketing preferences. For example, we will collect personal information from you when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Services, subscribing to marketing, or otherwise contacting us. You can opt out of our marketing emails anytime (see the “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS” below).
• Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and location and to measure its effectiveness. For more information, see our Cookie Notice: https://connectcars.taxi/cookiepolicy.
WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent to comply with laws, to provide you with services, protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific permission to use your personal information for a particular purpose.
• Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
• Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our agreement.
• Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
• Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Offer Wall. Our App may display a third-party hosted “offer wall.” Such an offer wall allows third-party advertisers to offer virtual currency, gifts, or other items to users in return for the acceptance and completion of an advertisement offer. Such an offer wall may appear in our App and be displayed based on specific data, such as your geographic area or demographic information. When you click on an offer wall, you will be brought to an external website belonging to other persons and leave our App. A unique identifier, such as your user ID, will be shared with the offer wall provider to prevent fraud and appropriately credit your account with the relevant reward. Please note that we do not control third-party websites and have no responsibility for the content of such websites. Including a link to a third-party website does not imply our endorsement of such a website. Accordingly, we do not warranty regarding such third-party websites and will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by such websites. In addition, when you access any third-party website, please understand that your rights while accessing and using those websites will be governed by the privacy notice and terms of service relating to those websites.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT?
Make sure you provide your correct information.
We may not be responsible for your misguidance; customers must provide their correct information. For instance, you have booked a taxi for LS8 and are standing on LS18; this means you accidentally pinned the wrong location. So, make sure your pin should be exact. Make sure to provide your correct phone number.
Booking an advance airport transfer for an exact meet & greet, but due to any instance you miss your flight, or your flight is delayed, or stuck in the waiting line, you need to inform the driver on time as the driver will keep waiting for you, which can cause chaos. Make sure to notify the driver on time; the driver will wait for a maximum of 2 hours; if a customer still asks to stay or is unresponsive, then there will be extra waiting charges, or the driver will leave. So make sure you inform the driver accordingly.
Correct Contact Information
Ensure you provide your correct information, Email, Phone number, and WhatsApp number so you can stay connected to the driver easily.
DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
In Short: Yes, we use Google Maps to provide better service.
HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our services using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Services offer you the ability to register and log in using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture, and other information you choose to make public on such social media platform.
We will use the information we receive only for the purposes described in this privacy notice or otherwise made clear to you on the relevant Services. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media provider. We recommend you review their privacy notice to understand how they collect, use and share your personal information and how you can set your privacy preferences on their sites and apps.
IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than yours.
Our servers are located in. If you are accessing our Services from outside, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your data (see “WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?” above), in and other countries.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. However, we will take all necessary measures to protect your personal information per this privacy notice and applicable law.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless a more extended retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will need us to keep your personal information for longer than the period users have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information or, if this is impossible (for example, because your data has been stored in backup archives). We will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18. We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18.
By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to delete such data from our records promptly. If you become aware of any data, we may have collected from children under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
Suppose you are a European Economic Area resident and believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information. In that case, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here:
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here:
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at email@example.com.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
• Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
• Contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and reject cookies. If you remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. For further information, please see our Cookie Notice: https://connectcars.taxi/k/cookie-policy.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails or contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list. However, we may still communicate with you, for example, to send you service-related emails necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
Contact us using the contact information provided.
Access your account settings and update your preferences.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers, mobile operating systems, and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference and not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing using the contact information provided below. If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with a Service, you have the right to request the removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. Please contact us using the contact information provided below to ask for the removal of such data. Include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will ensure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g., backups, etc.).
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date, and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you by prominently posting a notice of such changes or directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to inform you how we protect your information.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Shamraiz Mehmood, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at +44 7988 774644, or by post to:
102A Clough Road, Rotherham, South Yorkshire S61 1RF