Terms & Conditions
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
1. Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
2. Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
3. Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
4. Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
5. Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
6. Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
7. Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
8. Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
9. Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
10. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
11. Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
12. Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
13. Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
14. Sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
15. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
16. Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
17. Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
18. Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
20. Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
21. Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
22. Use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site.
23. Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
24. Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
USER GENERATED CONTRIBUTIONS
The Site may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”). Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Site and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
1. The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
4. Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
5. Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
6. Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
7. Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
8. Your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
9. Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
10. Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
11. Your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
12. Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
13. Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap.
By posting your Contributions to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right, and license to host, use, copy, reproduce, disclose, sell, resell, publish, broadcast, retitle, archive, store, cache, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such Contributions (including, without limitation, your image and voice) for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Contributions, and grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. The use and distribution may occur in any media formats and through any media channels.
This license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you provide. You waive all moral rights in your Contributions, and you warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your Contributions.
We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Contributions provided by you in any area on the Site. You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Site and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
We have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion,
(1) to edit, redact, or otherwise change any Contributions;
(2) to re-categorize any Contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on the Site; and
(3) to pre-screen or delete any Contributions at any time and for any reason, without notice. We have no obligation to monitor your Contributions.
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWS
MOBILE APPLICATION LICENSE USE LICENCE
APPLE AND ANDROID DEVICES
TERM AND TERMINATION
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Site without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this contract, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by the International Commercial Arbitration Court under the European Arbitration Chamber (Belgium, Brussels, Avenue Louise, 146) according to the Rules of this ICAC, which, as a result of referring to it, is considered as the part of this clause. The number of arbitrators shall be __________. The seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be __________. The language of the proceedings shall be __________. The governing law of the contract shall be the substantive law of __________.
The Parties agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Dispute between the Parties individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (a) no arbitration shall be joined with any other proceeding; (b) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (c) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
Exceptions to Arbitration
The Parties agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning binding arbitration: (a) any Disputes seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of the intellectual property rights of a Party; (b) any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy, or unauthorized use; and (c) any claim for injunctive relief. If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then neither Party will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of this provision found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed for jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, TRANSACTIONS, AND SIGNATURES
PESSANGER SERVICE TERMS FOR BOOKING & CANCELLATION PASSENGER SERVICE CHARGES
On providing your collection address, destination address and selecting the vehicle, you will receive a quotation showing the amount of the charges for the requested journey.
The charges are based on our chosen route between your collection address and destination address (via any other pick-up or drop-off points you specify at the time of making the Booking).
We may permit changes to a booking for a passenger on whose behalf the booking was made, and you acknowledge that you are liable for all charges and additional charges for the booking as changed. If a Booking change or changes results in a full or partial refund to you, we will credit the card used to make the booking
In relation to passenger services additional charges shall be payable if:
1. You change the collection address and / or destination address or vehicle type
2. You ask the driver to make any additional pick-ups or drop-offs
• You require the driver to take any variation of or follow a different route from our chosen route
1. You require the vehicle to carry more passengers than indicated when your booking was made
2. You require the driver to wait between the stops of a return journey
3. An airport meet and greet fee is payable for each airport booking.
• A parking fee, waiting time fee, drop off fee and/or cancellation fee may be applicable to your booking.
• You do not specify that the vehicle is to carry a bicycle or pet when making the booking, and the driver subsequently agrees to carry such bicycle or pet
Each customer shall have 5 minutes inclusive waiting time for passenger services other than airport bookings.
In relation to an airport booking, you can select the driver arrival / meeting time after landing at the time of the booking. You may be entitled to the following airport inclusive waiting time (“airport inclusive waiting time“) applicable to the passenger services taken:
AIRPORT INCLUSIVE WAITING TIME
Day Of Travel
Official Arrival Time: 18:00 Meeting Time: 18:45
As illustrated we will adjust the meeting time accordingly on the day.
In the event that you exceed the inclusive waiting time and/or airport inclusive waiting time you shall pay for any additional waiting time thereafter. in relation to the inclusive waiting time you will be liable to pay a waiting time fee from the 6th minute onwards for all local bookings. in relation to airport & port bookings inclusive time you will liable to pay a waiting time fee from the 46th minute after the agreed meeting.
Where you book a wait and return journey, there is no inclusive waiting time between stops and additional waiting time shall be payable at the rate of 0.30 pence per minute or £25 per hour, in respect of waiting time accumulated between the stops plus parking fee.
During the provision of any passenger services, you and all your passengers must:
1. Not smoke, including electronic cigarettes
2. Not play any musical instrument or broadcast any recorded music
• Not consume alcohol nor be intoxicated
1. Always wear a seatbelt whilst in the vehicle
2. Not engage in excessive physical contact
3. Not behave in a disorderly, inappropriate, threatening or abusive manner,
be a nuisance, distraction or a danger to the driver or other road users.
• Unload and load your own luggage (including any bicycle or pet). Drivers
may assist at their discretion; and/or
• Not film or record inside the vehicle at any time
1. If you and any of your passengers do not comply with the above conditions,
the driver may refuse to commence or continue your booking, and you shall be charged a cancellation fee
1. Drivers and/or fulfilment partners (as applicable) may, at their discretion,
assist you or your passengers needing assistance to enter or exit the vehicle, but shall do so at your risk
CANCELLATION AND “NO SHOW” POLICY
1. Flight delays are not subject to extra charges as long as you are still travelling on the same flight number.
2. If your flight is cancelled then YOU must notify immediately by telephone to the number below. Arlines will not give information to us regarding your travel plans. If you are switched to another flight and you notify us immediately by telephone of the new flight details then there is not normally any charge, except where the driver has already been dispatched. If no cancellation call is received by telephone and you do not arrive then this will be considered a “no show”. In this case a charge is payable upto the full quoted fare for the journey.
• If you need to cancel or change a booking then please advise immediately. Cancellation notified at least 12 hours before travel will not normally incur any extra charge except for the £5 administation fee or 10% whichever is higher included in all bookings. Any non-refundable deposit cannot be refunded.
1. Cancellation or changes within 12 hours of travel must be notified immediately by telephone to the number below. A charge of upto the full amount of the reservation may be payable for cancellations received less than 12 hours before time of travel.
2. If for any reason you cannot make contact with your driver on arrival at the port or airport then we must be contacted on the telephone number below and included on your confirmation. If we do not receive a call from you and you do not travel then, a full fare will be charged and no refund given.
Connect Cars Ltd. reserves the right to make any modifications it deems appropriate in these terms and conditions, after notifying customers who may be affected by the changes.
The modifications will be valid from the publication of the web.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please contact us at:
Connect Cars Ltd
218 HareHills Lane,
Leeds, West Yorkshire LS8 5DH